> Eine Familie in Freiburg: More Tripping

Sunday, March 10, 2013

More Tripping

Just trying to get pictures online. I've been enjoying the shift to writing in the journal, but I do want to get the pictures up for you all. And believe me, the stories are well preserved!

First off, cheese making in the Savoie region of France in the Alps.

They have two cows which are a heritage breed here. John and I have pretty much taken over milking now twice a day.
Someone has to shovel poop! Edwin has been riding on the back a lot more now and doesn't mind so much.

First heat the milk.


We made this butter by hand. She used to, but now she uses the food processor. I want John to make me (or we can find it, if it's already exists) a treadle butter churn.

I like this cheese station. There the cheese is waiting for a day to then go into the cage.
The cheese lives here for three days while it gets a salt treatment.
And this is the view out the living room window! More of those to come, as you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment