> Eine Familie in Freiburg: No time

Monday, February 18, 2013

No time

I don't have much time to spare right now, but I want to get these thoughts out from my walk while Edwin sleeps.

We did well on eating all our food before we go. Thankfully we also gave some away.

Edwin really needs every day (at this moment) to get outside walking, to take two naps, to go outside being carried and to eat a banana. That's what gives us the best outcomes for sleep. Purely observational.

The other day as we walked to town, I noticed a hawk in a tree. And it just sat there. It also started calling, screechingly. I stood and looked at it for awhile happy to have spotted it. Then I thought I heard another screech coming from somewhere else. And yes, they were calling back and forth. I thought the reply was coming from a nest. I didn't know hawks communicated like that with their young or mate back at the nest. And they weren't far from each other and the adult that I saw didn't seem to be making a move toward the reply. It felt like such a little secret to notice these things and felt like so many people were walking by and not tuning in at all.

That day turned out to be a bird day. Our second sighting happened right along a street. There sitting on a fence was a herron cleaning it's beak. I stopped across the street and watched it and people walked by on the sidewalk wondering what I was doing. Some people in cars noticed, but many more just looked at me wondering if I was waiting to cross the street. Some people looked at me oddly, then crossed the street and then saw! And they looked back and smiled like "Oh! How silly of us! We see now." And since it didn't fly away, we crossed too and just stood there watching it, until it did at last fly away.

Well... we have more to do to get ready to go. We have to get to the Post this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment