I have so many thoughts on my mind and never enough time to write them in any form (here, journal, letters). And now I sit and can't think of where to start. I'll have to be slightly sparatic (sp?) here and then if you desire follow up, you'll just have to email or something.
We went to a great concert a couple nights ago. The student orchestra played at the Waldorfschule and some one thought to tell us about it. We arrived with Edwin asleep and he slept through the whole first piece I think. I really liked the first piece and sat on the edge of my seat the whole time. The piece was by Carl Maria von Weber. And I'll have to type it as written: (Overture) zur romantischen Oper "Der Freischutz". It had some great horn and clarinet solos. Then the next piece had guest soloists on Cello and Violin. The celloist was very expressive. That was a Brahms piece. The last piece was Robert Schumann "Fruhlingssinfonie" (Spring symphony). The whole thing was great. We talked a lot about music education on the way home and how we could best give the gift of music to our kids. Many more thoughts on that of course. It also made us interested in going to hear music more in the future. I'm kind of surprised that all the pieces were good. Maybe I just need to be better educated before I go to a concert.
It's snowing out side and started just as we were leaving the grocery store. It had been raining earlier. This precipitation was kind of icy at first, then snow, and right as we reached our door there was thunder! And it happened again inside! Crazy crazy. John is hopefully still on his field trip. Hopefully they aren't wimps like that.
Edwin is busy busy right now. I'm not sure doing what exactly. John put the golf ball in the dust pan at some point and the idea stuck. But of course it's really hard for Edwin to do. Thankfully he also has old plastic flower pots to put the golf ball in and shake around.
We go through many more pants than shirts. Last time we did laundry I counted eight pairs of pants to three shirts/sweaters. Is this common? Is it just because we cloth diaper and everything gets wet? (We actually dry and reuse pants a couple of times. Sorry if that grosses you out.)
We bought some different apple sauce at the store today. It's a mixture of apples and blue berries. I sometimes feel like we aren't varying his diet enough, but then also feel like it's fine to start with foods he can eat without a lot of intensive prepping. Not that we could puree any way with out a blender or something. I think I just need to vary my own diet more and then share. I should buy some beets tomorrow. He really likes them, and so do I!
In no particular order:
ReplyDeleteI think you enjoying all of the music played speaks to the quality of the music in a good way.
I think the pants are a cloth diaper artifact, or maybe a boy function. We're more likely to go through shirts than pants. Do you need more or better plastic diaper covers? Or maybe it's a boy thing?
I share your concern wondering whether I'm feeding our daughters a sufficiently varied diet. I read something that advised 9-24 months as a time to expose kids to as many flavora and textures as possible, so as to preclude picky eating, before they get ornery and set in their ways.