I like the DM drug store. It's kind of an everything store like CVS or Walgreens, but with out the pharmacy. (Those are separate stores here and devoted only to prescription and over the counter drugs.) The DM is more like make up, diapers, shampoo, herbal teas, printing photos, and then stuff (sunglasses, socks, etc).
I have just recently discovered this store. I'd been in once during the holidays with mom to look for something, but didn't find it and was scared away by the absurd busyness. But then I found out that they have diaper changing stations, and everything is free. They have creams and wipes and diapers. Two out of three DM stores I have been in have this station.
They also have things to play with for old kids: one has a rocking horse, the other a big box with lots of activities to do on it's sides and top (not really sure how to explain it).
I also found out that they have water coolers, as in a water dispenser and conical cups!
And last but not least, they have shopping carts with magnifying glasses. I didn't get a good picture of this one. I wasn't shopping, so I didn't get a cart, and I didn't want to be seen as a weirdo trying to take a picture of someone else's cart (or Wagen).
I'm intrigued by the kid-friendly amenities you found. I wonder...is that a Germany thing or a DM thing?
ReplyDeleteYour post reminds me that one of the fun things to do -- as you've already figured out -- in Paris (or anywhere, really) is find a grocery or other "everything" store (as you so aptly called it), and see what it's like.