Edwin had his first bath today. Sorry no pictures. We were too busy holding him, washing him, and making sure we got him warm and dry quickly. He's getting just a little rash in the crease of his left leg and he had had plenty of milk go down his clothes, so it was time. We had been washing him piece meal, but I think he liked the real thing.
I've been sorting through crafty things this morning. Trying to pick a new project as well as get rid of things I don't need. I made a scrubbie this afternoon out of those plasticy mess bags that onions, clementines and some others things come in. It's not the prettiest, but it's done.
I'm starting to feel hungry all day long. Nothing satiates it. There are not many snacks here right now either, but John is at the store now. I made a big pot of dahl which I'm heating up now, and I've eaten it cold late at night too. We are also trying not to get too much that we'll just have to leave. I'm going to bake some kind of yummy thing with frozen berries, but don't want to just be eating bready sweets all day either. Back to eating dilemmas! Arg!! Any more wholesome snack ideas, let me know!
Tomorrow we have to get up very early to get to the train and then the consulate. Yuck. Hopefully it will just be super easy in and out. I'll have to get some knitting started and pack for this trip! I'm not sure we have enough clean diapers for the rest of the day and the trip! Maybe I'll wash a few by hand just in case.
Hey Em,
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned that you're hungry and wondering what all to eat. I don't know if this will be relevant to you, since every mother-baby dyad is different, but I wanted you to have it just in case.
We had terrible trouble with gas for the first two months. When I asked my (irksome) lactation consultant whether I needed to avoid some foods like garlic or onions, she said (un)helpfully that some babies like their flavor. In desperation, I eventually began avoiding them, and that provided some relief. However, finding this more comprehensive list of gas-producing foods, and being diligent about avoiding them, has helped us immensely:
www.med.umich.edu/fbd/docs/Gas%20reduction%20diet.pdf
Also, here's a link to a helpful page about teaching Edwin to latch well. I *wish* I'd had this 12 weeks ago, before our girls developed bad (painful) habits:
http://www.pumpstation.com/pumpstation/dept.asp?dept_id=3228
Hope these help!
Love,
Bob