> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Moving Soon!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Moving Soon!

We'll be moving to Germany in a week! We haven't packed yet, but we've been thinking about what is coming with and what will stay in Finland. What's more drastic is the deciding what food to buy, so that we run out of things perfectly. We also have been selling our furniture. Well making arrangements to at least. We'll get a little back, which we didn't expect and be passing on other pieces to friends who will still be living here.

More importantly, maybe, with the move comes new things. Our parents visiting. Moving where it's warmer, but at this point probably kind of gross and wet. Using our German. Listening to the radio out of the army base. Maybe buying a weekly magazine. A new apartment!

But. Most likely. No internet. In our house at least. Who knows where the nearest place will be. We are currently communicating to our landlord through John's supervisor. That's probably better for getting business done, even if we don't get to practice German.

I hope the blog won't have to go blank, but I don't know.

Before then though. I'll make sure to post about the birth. It's looking like a very long story. Too many details? Hopefully not. I guess I feel like a lot happened!

Edwin is currently sleeping on my lap wrapped up in his newest blanket. I just wove in the ends this morning! I'll have to get help from Mom blocking it though. I still don't understand the process, or point. It works non-the-less.

I should be napping too. He'll probably wake up as soon I settle in though, so I just keep delaying, which doesn't help.

Not much happening here besides getting ready to move and getting ready for our trip to the consulate on Wed. I can write all about that later! Bureaucracy! Silly government. I'll just have to wait and see what happens and report on the results.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I'm so glad I checked your blog just now. I was about to mail a card to your Finland address. Now I'll wait for your Germany address. Go, you global travelers, you!

    Love,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete