There's been very interesting weather the last few days. It's brought such a lively feeling. Although we've had clouds in the sky, we've also had wind for two days straight. The house has made loud bangs as the wind lifts and drops. And the sprinkles of rain are on again, off again. We've left the windows open for more then just a few minutes to let in fresh air. We've had one cranked all afternoon.
But there has been a new energy brought by this weather. It has at the same time given me enthusiasm and allowed me to sleep in and curl up with the quilt or book. I've gone outside in sandles. I've gone outside in a skirt. I've went out today in just a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
The best part is that I don't have to worry about Edwin's hands and toes as much. He's gone outside without. Without a hat, without a second pair of pants, without a second sweater.
And here is what I've been working on. Thankfully these are from this weekend and I've already moved the hoop about three times. I'll be back here soon though to go from the corner to the other direction.
I'm glad that this morning I took my knitting outside with me. I figured I could watch Edwin play with sticks in the sand and also knit. Unfortunately, it was a little too cold for the way we dressed. But there was no turning back because... we locked ourselves out. I forgot my key and the door locks on it's own. I knew as soon as I shut the door, but it was too late. To warm up we went into the drugstore and looked at a few things I'm planning on buying. Secrets! But we got home and still waited around for a long time before John arrived. Edwin fell asleep in my lap nursing like he used too. Hopefully that means he's maturing, instead of just super tired. The sun did become strong and warmed our backs. I knew what John would say when he got home. "You want to got for a walk this afternoon?" It is lovely out, and we probably will, but I'm still a little chilled, so let me warm up here a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment