The second day in France was snowier than the first! I got up with Edwin again before anyone else stirred. John got up this time fairly early (having the window shutters open probably helped). I was planning on getting outside with a cup of coffee and he decided to join me.
We came to a nice overlook.
Then back down into the village. Some ugly buildings I couldn't pass up taking pictures of. This kind of siding is ubiquitous. Yuck.
Then back again to make a yummy breakfast. John's the cook here.
We spent a lot of the morning cleaning up the house, but also sitting around talking, knitting (me), playing (Edwin).
Then we went out again on another walk, but this time the whole gang went!
Lisa on skis.
We took the same initial route and then kept going and going on the whole circuit. Brian feels the need to be odd in photos.
Lisa fell a few times.
When we got back Lisa and I got in the sauna after packing up a little. I rolled in the snow! Yowzers! We received lots of cheese in the divying up of food and we got in the car to drop Abel off in Remimont, which we had dubbed Rememberance as a way of navigating. (We do this with town names and streets names all the time. It rarely gets us in trouble.)
I took lots of photos of the decor. Probably it's just normal tchotchke, but I enjoyed the cross stitch and heart motifs.
No comments:
Post a Comment