Last night we had Jager Schnitzel for dinner with homemade French fries and salad. I wish I took a picture, but alas you will just have to "google" it and see yummier looking pictures than I would have taken. Here is the website we got the recipe from German Food Guide. It's nice to try to learn how to make the food we have found to enjoy. John had many complaints about his own cooking last night- the schnitzel was cold, the fries went soggy, the sauce wasn't saucy enough, but conceded that he was really just trying to say that there is room for improvement. It's true, but it was really good. There is a lot of frying involved though, so good that we ate a salad!
I wanted to take pictures the area around where we live, but it's been very cloudy the last few days. So much for the sonnigste, wärmste Stadt in Deutschland. Hopefully it clears up for the weekend, though there isn't much to differentiate the weekend days from the week days. John doesn't have that much class to go to. We don't have any big plans. We are waiting to go to Elmstein next weekend. I can't wait to pick up my knitting needles and whatever yarn I stashed there. I really need to get the quilt in order, but until both of those things happen I'm using my new drop spindle for spinning llama fleece!
John took Edwin to the store with him last night and I was thinking of taking a nap, but ended up spinning instead. It was really nice to start because now I can just pick it up (though I have drafting to do).
No comments:
Post a Comment