> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Progress

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Progress


I have been slightly obsessive about spinning. It's a nice thing to pick up if Edwin is ever busy playing with something on his own. I can draft (pull the fibers out to the desired thickness before spinning) or spin, and every inch counts. I don't have to know where I am like I would if I were knitting.

Yesterday we spent a little time looking about the windows. The weather has continued to be pretty yucky, so we didn't "hang out" too long.





Thanks again for the hat, Aunt Peggy! Edwin enjoyed picking the moss off the roof, but then he started eating it. Woody debris = probably not toxic, moss = I'm not really sure, so not encouraging it.

This is the view from one of our living room windows. (Is is considered a view if you have to stand on furniture to look out the window?) It's nice to have a vineyard and orchard right outside our door. Not that we can just go pick things, but we can walk through.



To the right is the beginning of the orchard. The path you see may or maybe not allow cars. I think not, but some of the small ones allow traffic to the houses. Our front door opens to a walking path located beyond the bottom of this picture, and it runs to the right up to the vineyard and left toward town. The houses near us, and that we are connected too, have a row of garages down a little path. So you walk to your garage and drive out a different way than you would have walked. It's interesting, and maybe hard to explain..

Edwin's sleep has been very fitful. We are going to try to time naps better and make them longer, so that he's in bed earlier. At least I have lots of dreams I can remember, so I think that means I got restorative sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment