> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Geburtstag!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Geburtstag!

John's birthday was yesterday. We had a good, low key day, but I think I put a little too much energy into it. By the time I went to bed, my throat was starting to hurt and now, this morning, it's worse. I've had two cups of Echinacea already. This morning John tried to give back by letting me "sleep" and making breakfast. He's really nice.

Here is what we did for his day.


A big breakfast, including OJ and coffee.


A hike behind our house.

We want to explore this field further, when it's not foggy.



This is what it really looked like.



In all that foggy darkness there was so bright color. And the sky showed through too once we were high up and on the correct side of the mountain. We could even see down onto the top of all the clouds and mist and see nothing. No houses, no fields. We knew it was all there, but all we saw was white.


Not a good photo, but I guess it shows some of the view.

We hung out most of the afternoon. I knit (I'm almost done with the sock!). We listened to some radio.

We had a good dinner. Even if it was full of problems. The Weiner Schnitzel's coating wasn't staying on and it was done way before the french fries because the french fries weren't crisping up. No amount of boiling it oil was working so we finally ate them. They were still tasty. (What wouldn't be after being fried for that long?) Complete the meal with salad and a beer! We had brownies with ice cream a little later in the night.

Happy Birthday John!

1 comment: