> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Up Late

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Up Late

We are up last on this election night. We are listening live even though there are no results at all yet. John is hanging out with Edwin, who is sleeping, on the living room bed while I am knitting a big bootie for Edwin. Everyone gives me looks because Edwin's ankles show when he's in the Ergo. So I'm making something to slip on too keep his feet and ankles warm during winter walks. Hope it works.

I did end up buying some things at the second hand store. A wool "soaker", a wool silk hat/bonnet, and a wool/silk long sleeve onesie. We've been doing some major makeshift cloth diapers lately. We are getting some used from someone online but we have to figure out how to pay them, so those aren't coming yet. I got the "soaker" to see how it would go. I'm still not sure about it. Meredith's diaper covers are in storage in Elmstein.

We've been eating some good food here lately. We had this beef stew yesterday and the day before. We made some additions including red beans and spelt (We bought it accidentally and like it. We had a little bit left.) And a few omitions: no rutabaga. Tonight we made a super simple mousse dessert and it was so good! We used 85% cacao chocolate.

Well maybe we are going to bed... well that is John is going to sleep. I think tomorrow is going to be very hard. It's too late. So I might as well listen a little longer to results.

No comments:

Post a Comment