We go on walks often whether it's to die Stadt oder der Wald (the city or the forest). So I took some pictures as we went to show you our path and just what's around.
This is part of our usual walk to the city. It's not through traffic just people who live here and lots of bikes and walkers.
The field on the right is obviously cared for, hayed, etc, but people wander through it and play with their dogs here. I saw someone practicing archery. And this is where I saw a falcon or small hawk hunting one afternoon.
There are houses at the top of the hill and more road and path. Next is a view we get from our way.
I think this is very typical and a good illustration. There's my walking path, then vineyard, then more path, then a bike lane, then a car lane, then tram in the middle. Then housing and businesses all mixed together into neighborhoods.
Once we got to the city we headed to the Munster to see if anyone was selling cider. It's so good! And I found it fairly cheap with a trade in bottle.
There is a huge market every day. Everyone says it's more expensive but the cider was very cheap here compared to the one near our house. There is food and food trucks and artisans and flowers.
Yesterday we went for a walk in the woods with Bryan, the Irishman. But first we had to walk to meet him. If we go out our front door and turn right, this is what the path looks like.
I had actually climbed some before taking the picture, but you get the idea. The vineyard is on the left, houses on the right. And there are more stairs up ahead...
The reward of course is great views and cute fountains like this one all around the city. I'm not sure if this is drinking water though. Maybe it's just for the dogs. This one is in a little traffic circle.
And last be not least a real woods road. This one is big and right on the edge of the Black Forest. We are almost to our meeting spot. I didn't take any pictures during the hike and we never got to our destination, because we realized we had been there before. We'll have to find somewhere new to go. John had the idea of taking the tram out and walking back. Sounds fun if we are prepared with lots of snacks and water!
No comments:
Post a Comment