> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Weekend.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend.

Well. This weekend was rainy, rainy, so we don't have much to tell. We listened to a lot of radio: All Things Considered (every morning), Morning Edition (every evening), Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, This American Life, and Market Place Money. John read his book: Postwar: European History Since 1945 and spent time design a house for us (we don't have grand ambitions of building, but he enjoys the mental exercise). I spent time trying to figure out how to adjust a sock pattern, worked on stuffing a toy I'm making for Edwin (a HUGE puzzle ball), and washed a load of cloth diapers. I haven't picked up the drop spindle in a while. I feel like I want product, so I'm knitting. I don't have a needle to finish up projects either right now and I only have 5 double point knitting needles, so I had to transfer the stitches onto string so that I can keep knitting.

We had Brian and Felipe over for dinner on Saturday. John made a seafood chowder. He gleaned info from several recipes and made it up and it was delicious. The guys brought bread, wine and dessert. We had a very interesting conversation about spirits, ghosts, phenomena, angels. They both had some crazy stories. I'm not sure what to think.

John doesn't have class for the next three weeks, as he is doing an independent study. He'll have to work on that of course, but his time is his to schedule. I'm hoping we will do some fun things. Get out and see the surrounding area, go for hikes and maybe do a little shopping. We will see.

It's John's birthday tomorrow so we are figuring out what we will do. I'm planning a breakfast fit for a king. Maybe we'll eat lunch out. And dinner might be simple. Other than that, I don't really have any surprises. Hope he isn't too disappointed. I don't think he will be.

That's all I'm going to knit while I can. (Edwin schleft. Edwin is sleeping.)

No comments:

Post a Comment