> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Beautiful Days!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Beautiful Days!

Yesterday was beautiful and I didn't think it could get much better, for Finland that is. It was a sunny morning and we managed to get out around 10 am and walk with a blanket, snacks and books to the lake. There were clouds, but they weren't blocking the sun.



I don't think the pictures do it justice because the sun is always on such a slant. (I could also stand to maybe edit them before putting them up.)


John read for most of the time, while I sat cross legged facing the sun with my eyes closed. I did that for maybe an hour, just trying to soak it up now, thinking of all kind of things. I also drew a little after a "Birthing from Within" prompt. (I bought colored pencils at the thrift store on Saturday!) It was so warm with the full sun that I had my pants rolled up and just a a tank top on. Then when the clouds started coming I had to put back on my long sleeve shirt and sweater. It was sad when the clouds made it cold, but I felt like I had gotten a good amount of sun.

We got home around 12:30. It had started looking bleak, but then once we were back the clouds moved and there were periods of bright light again. John went to play soccer at 2:30pm and I headed to the grocery store, which is a good walk most of the way. Woods and then beside streets and over a highway. I just wanted to show you one interesting things about Finland. The way they sell lettuce!


It actually comes in a bag too. I'm hoping that I can get the roots to grow a second batch of lettuce, but I need some plant food or soil for them.So far I've just put the cut (eaten) ones in water and on the porch. We'll see.

John hasn't been feeling great for the last two days. Headaches, sore throat. So he went and played soccer for 3 hours! He thinks it helped, plus he took a hot shower, drank echinacia tea, ate chicken soup for dinner, and slept on the couch from 8pm until bed time. This morning he was feeling better, but sore in the legs.

I too have been feeling better. I've slept pretty well the last three or four nights. My back feels better, most of the time. And my tooth isn't hurting- I'm wondering if any specific tea has to do with it. I've been switching which tea I drink and I think it's been helping.

I thought I wouldn't see a better day than yesterday for a while, but today is looking better! Not even clouds. Of course I'm inside writing about it, but I hope it will last so that John and I can go back to the lake, or somewhere outside this afternoon. And I'm going to hurry and get this done so I can go back out and eat my snack! I'm trying my best to soak up the sun and make it last, but I'm not sure the best way to store that good energy.

This was one of the last lupines blooming at the lake. There were tons of brown ones around, and I can just imagine how nice it would be to have that color in the summer!

I guess that's all for now! Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment