What a pain it is to plan a trip! This is the worst part, I know. Hostels are actually very expensive and way too fancy for my tastes. Yes, we like clean, but do they really need to include bars, cafes, linen, and everything else. I just want a kitchen facility, a dorm bathroom, and a bed. We don't even need to have the internet at ours, but that is ALWAYS offered, and I understand why. I was thinking about this when traveling with John on our way to NJ from NC. I just wish there were simple accommodations as an option. That's why we have the Friends Traveling Directory I guess. We should have written down the names for Sweden, France, Spain, etc before leaving. Oh well. It wouldn't help to spring ourselves on them right now anyway.
In the last post I said "I started John's hat!" Now I can say "I'm almost done with John's hat!" I'm already 4 decrease rows into it. What will be next? Possibly a knit wrap for the French press to keep the coffee warm, but I don't know. I've been looking in the thrift stores for something knit to rip out as my source of yarn instead of the stores. I did find a good one yesterday but passed it up until John could give his opinion. I figure it's at least 3 100g balls, which in the store would be at least 12 e, but the sweater is 8 euro. Yes, I have to put some time into it, but I have time to spare! It was hand made and that will make it easier. I'm only 90% sure that it's mostly wool.
These aren't the most impressive shrooms, but they are cute and an example what's around. I haven't seen many of the red ones lately. I thought I would take more pictures of them. There are plenty of the big yucky ones though. All brown and slimy looking. I'm looking forward to posting more pictures after we go hiking!
No comments:
Post a Comment