I did like I said I would yesterday and went outside. I walked to the park to eat my snack of yogurt and strawberries. (Interestingly, they sell a couple kinds of yogurt. The big tubs of the same brand are either Turkish, Greek or French yogurt. I got Turkish because it's ekologinen, luomu, or organic.)
It was nice and bright and the benches are so inviting. I ended up walking on the two "walking streets" downtown to the thrift store. Unfortunately, everyone who was outside there, was outside so that they could smoke. Therefore I felt compelled to go inside, but that was against the point of going for the walk!
I then hurried home so that I could eat a little lunch and get back out to pick berries. My grand plan was to eat lunch and jump on the bicycle, go back down the path to the great patch of berries I saw, and pick until John came walking by. I got home however and saw that it was almost 2pm already, and sure enough as I biked back down the path, I crossed paths with him. Oh well! I still picked for a couple of hours. And I rode the bike for the first time not as a passenger. (I had ridden a couple of times side saddle on the rack above the back wheel.) The bike is too tall for me.
And I got a bunch of blueberries. I finally put some in the freezer too. By the way, the jar is about as big as a coffee mug, maybe a little taller.
Now I just wanted to show you a few pictures of the kitchen, because I left it out before. These are some features we really like. First off, is the drying rack area above the sink.
It's great because not only does the water drip into the sink or on the metal counter, but then the dishes are put away too! Close the cabinet and it's all neat and tidy! But as you can see too, it's a lot of beige.. and white... and John got brown dishes, but that's okay.
And last but not least is this feature that is hard to take a picture of on the refrigerator door.
These little flaps of plastic hold things steady in the door so they don't slide around. For some reason, I think it's the coolest. And don't be fooled by Apelsin, that's orange juice!
That's about it for now. It's rainy outside now. Eek! (I just turned and looked out the window.) Positively blustery, not torrential, but yuck! I kind of walked to the library this morning in a daze. On my list of things to do on the computer this morning is: figure out how to knit a gusset, research for a trip we want to take soon, and look up some more guitar chords.
If you ever have anything you want to know about email or comment!
I love seeing the pictures- they help put everything into perspective. Seems like things are going well... I'm sure it's hard to post every little thing (and have pictures to go along with every little thing) My life would never be interesting enough to blog about.
ReplyDeleteEverything is new, so there is plenty to tell! But many a hour is spent sitting here in the library using the computer.
ReplyDeleteThe combination dish rack and cabinet over the sink is really clever! If we ever remodeled our kitchen, I would consider something like that. The question would be what kitchen equipment to put under the kitchen window instead? Hmm...
ReplyDelete