We found somethings we've been shopping around for for a while and I'm glad we waited.
We had needed some kitchen knives. I found one little pairing knife at a thrift store, but then after we had already browsed the knife section of the Tokmanni we found this set. Now we can slice the homemade bread I've been making and really chop veggies. We don't know if there will be a good spot for the magnet strip yet, but it came with, so it's a fine addition. Then we also got this pack of candles. There are candles in every store and many have been for sale, but this seemed like a good deal and we wanted COLOR. They are about 4 inches tall.
The rest of our trip was also productive! We went to the Red Cross and didn't find too much, but I hadn't been there before. There is a baby shop next door too which we looked into. Mostly strollers and furniture (cribs and kids beds) plus they had many versions of Clara Makers seat for sitting at the table. (If you click on the word "seat" it will take you to a website to see what I'm talking about- you really should, it's an awesome idea!)
We then went on to the discount grocery store, Lidl. One of our indulgences there was bacon, which was ate some of this morning. Then on to the best thrift store, where I bought another pair of knitting needles. I didn't buy and matching set. They are the same size, but one is nice plastic and one is metal. They were only 40 cents!
Then we had to rush home because John had a group project to work on, which he is the presenter for right now. He's kind of bummed about school right now. The one forestry class that started has kind of a bad professor and it's not a topic he's interested in (forest governance). He feels like he still hasn't started learning anything. Bummer. Not much else to say except that.
I wanted to show you where I have been hanging out while typing these posts and whenever I come in to use the computer.
Here's my cubicle today. I try to drink lots of water while I'm sitting here. They give you headphones, which I haven't used much. And I have a list from home of "things to do on the computer", because I often forget.
There are tons of computers available, but they often all fill up. This is just one aisle. There are self check out kiosks up front and two or three librarian desks. The upstairs is where most of the stacks are. They have a different system though. John has made a little sense of it. I just know where I have been, so I can find my way back. It's very stark, but clean. The only fancy thing is that the lights all are hanging at different levels. I look at that every time I come in.
And here is the view out the window behind me. Dreary. Some bicycles, but that's actually not many. I like the stone work on the ground.
Our joint goals for the day are a little more laundry, if there is an open time slot (we have to sign up for a time to use the machines), buy post card stamps (wink wink), and find an Outdoor Guide from the tourist office. Maybe we'll find more information on hotels and things too to pass on. We also hope to go on a trip soon and we need to research how to do it.
Well.. better get to that list!
No comments:
Post a Comment