> Eine Familie in Freiburg: Quickly

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quickly

Hello!

A quick update.

First off, I think I fixed it so that anyone and everyone can comment on the blog. Let me know.

While we really haven't gotten out much today, I still am reminded that even if we just walked to the university and back or to the grocery store and back, that's 3-5 miles. So while I spent the morning finishing a baby vest, making bread, reading, and talking a shower, I still have gotten a good amount of daily exercise!

We are planning a camping trip for next weekend! We went to the library yesterday and got the Outdoor Guide to reference. We might do two nights, but we have to see what kinds of gear (sleeping bags mostly) we can borrow. The places we would stay have cooking facilities. Fancy hiking I guess.

The other thing we are planning is a trip to Stockholm.

More about that later. We are off to have dinner at Lisa's house. And we have to get walking!

2 comments:

  1. Between you adding the "Name/URL" option below, and me telling Firefox to always allow cookies from blogspot.com and blogger.com, I can now comment on your posts. Thanks! I'm really enjoying reading about your new adventure! Love, Bob :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you mentioned that you're contemplating a trip to Stockholm, Sweden. I pulled up Joensuu on a Google map and started thinking about what other cool places are nearby and how you would get to/from them.

    For example, St. Petersburg, Russia is supposed to be amazing. It looks like it's about a 6-hour car trip away from you, but Google isn't suggesting any rail/transit options. If you had to fly, would you go via Helsinki, or is there another airport closer?

    Also, how long will you all be in Joensuu? Is John's program just two semesters, or might you all still be there in summer 2012?

    Just wondering...
    Bob :-)

    ReplyDelete