Not much celebrating happened on my birthday. It was more that I didn't have to cook breakfast or dinner. And the celebration lasted into yesterday when we went finished fixing up my bike and went thrift store shopping! John got things too, so it didn't feel like it was just for me, but I got a coat and yarn and knitting needles AND DIAPERS! It just goes to show how thrift stores can be hit or miss. We found 8 diapers in two different places. The same brand but different types and sizes. (We actually found some at another store too come to think of it, but didn't buy them.) I will have to "fix" four of them. They are really scratchy terry cloth inside and I plan on sewing flannel over top on the inside. Pretty good find though, considering buying them new (granted organic fiber) is 16euro each. But buying them new also wouldn't let us use our diaper covers. That couldn't happen! We still will probably need some good old rectangles for when the babe is bigger, but we'll cross that bridge later. I made a few before I left ,but just didn't have much time.
Library is closing! Time to go home anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment