> Eine Familie in Freiburg

Friday, October 21, 2011

Sorry it's been awhile. We were in Lapland and then took a few days to clean up the mess we left in our haste to pack the car and go. John also hasn't had much class this week, so we're trying to take advantage of it. He has been doing that by reading, a lot. He's been reading to me the last book of our trilogy as well as his own book about forestry in the the west and about attitudes toward nature throughout history. Then he has also been reading, for fun mind you, about geology. It's too much for me, but he's enjoying the time to learn on his own if he can't get anything from the classes. Plus we've been trying to practice our German learning program (from the Foreign Service circa 1960). I used some this morning with a student in John's program.

I wrote out a long bit about Lapland, so that will be the next post, but first...


How did I get this far (about to bind off) without realizing I was using a needle 3 sizes too big? The gauge actually isn't that different, which I also have no idea how that happened. But last night, after setting it aside for a moment and looking through quilt books, I ripped it all out, picking up the sleeves again, because they were still good. Oh well! It was worse when I was looking at it, but now that I've started over it's not so bad. The only frustrating part is that the first 6 inches of the body are so boring!! Then it get's fiddly, then it gets good.

I'm going to go buy some more yarn now. Hopefully I like the cotton/polyacrylic. It's on sale, and I have to go make a decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment