> Eine Familie in Freiburg

Monday, October 24, 2011

Some of Lapland 2 didn't save. Maybe I'll fix it tomorrow.

In the meantime, the two ailments which are afflicting me are itchiness and indigestion. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them. I guess I should let you know that I've already been trying: smaller meals, milk before the meal, drinking less liquid with the meal, staying sitting up after the meal. I haven't been eating spicy foods. Mostly eggs, toast, bacon, apples, oranges, peanut butter, pasta, split pea soup, potatoes, carrots.... Just food.

Then the itchiness hasn't really been helped with lotion (dimethone.. or that's close to the active ingredient spelling.) I heard some thing about corn starch. Why would that work? It's only itchy in the four inches below the bra line.

That's about it for now....

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately these are effects of the enlarging baby stretching the skin and pushing the stomach contents closer to the esophagus--so there is no truly effective fix other than having the baby! I did eat a lot of Tums during the last trimester, with the stamp of approval from our doctor. The best part is that heartburn goes away completely when baby is born. That makes for a pretty awesome first meal after labor!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete