> Eine Familie in Freiburg: A crafting update!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A crafting update!

First off, baby bootie/slippers.


 They still look a little big, so I might work on them more. Fulling in the sink is kind of tiring, but it's also a more tangible process. I could feel where the fabric was more knit and less felted.




Cashmerino baby pants, which are probably way too big. Oh well. they will be soft for some baby, sometime. I almost wish that Germany will be cool in the spring, so that there is a chance of babe wearing them.


We've been working to fill the frames we bought when we first got here. Finally we finished this one. John did all the work really. It's hard for it to be a two person job. This provided a starter for conversations at John's pizza birthday party. We have another frame almost filled from our Out West trip!


I made us a November calendar, and should start working on December. It took a while to find the perfect tree and borrow a nice black pen. I'm not happy about my lack of artist skill. I couldn't figure out how to fill in the rest of the space. We'll see how December goes...


 Not a craft update, obviously. But 33 weeks. Can there really only be 7 weeks left? That's nuts! I have been reading The Baby Project, which was an NPR blog from the summer, all about pregnancy and birth. Today I read a couple of pieces, but one was about the ailments of pregnancy that women didn't get told about. There was a warning before hand, and I thought maybe I shouldn't read on, but I did. I read through and the there were only a few from the long list that I have experienced and they are not that big. It's amazing how easy and pleasant pregnancy has been. I'll attribute a lot to genetics. (Thanks Mom!) My mom didn't get sick until she had me (the youngest). I don't know how much has to do with tolerance and humor, or just plain variation. I can still tie my shoes. I'm not constipated (and can I say, determined to not get hemroids. Sorry if that's too much...) I only have this ingestion and itching. Annoying certainly, but tolerable.

I have more thoughts, but I think we should probably head home. I can write more there and add pictures later. But quickly, I'm really excited about some organic cotton onesies we just got. I love that we have gotten hand-me-downs too, don't get me wrong. This was a gift and I'm just excited. Also happy that stores like H&M have organic cotton clothes for not very much more than other clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment