It's funny how having the internet has made my posts less frequent and less significant. I don't have to plan as much to get to the library and I don't have an easy way to add pictures at home. I like to have a picture to go with the writing.
The sun was shining brightly in the window, but I guess it can only shine strongly in proportion to how long it shines, so it's behind clouds now. There is a strong wind today, though I haven't been outside yet. There is some blue sky and all sorts of clouds.
There are a couple things to talk about: my latest appt. with Virve (the public health nurse), John's birthday party, and projects. I guess I'll do the health now and do the others with pictures later.
I had my latest appointment on Friday. A student public health nurse joined us. We met her in the waiting area and she ended up doing a lot of the routine things because Virve got called away for a little while. Weight, Hb, and blood pressure were all good. I hope I didn't taint the blood work too much by taking my pill before going. The only thing that Virve didn't like was the uterine growth curve. The measurements are still all within the normal range, but the curve is starting to level. I'm not that worried about it, especially after we talked about how it could be because of position. I know that the last time babe was laying across not up and down and that this time it was head down. But we have another appointment in two weeks so we'll see what it looks like then.
We talked about travelling and when we should start just staying home. She recommended three weeks before the due date. A month would be more conservative, but we do want to go to St. Petersburg. We'll see if it can work out. If not it probably wouldn't be too bad. We haven't really researched what we would want to do or see. We need to do that for Helsinki too. I want to see if there are any big craft markets. Holiday markets.
That's about it for the appointment. Nothing too exciting. We will probably get an ultrasound soonish mostly to check the placentas position.We have to set that up on a day when she has the machine.
I haven't been back to the mommy group, but want to go soon. I might go to a diaper making session. I want to ask them about renting the TENS machine.
I need to reply to a lady who sent an email about being a doula for us, but it's hard to know what to say. She's not a professional yet, and so I don't think she has standards set for herself (how many visits she would want to do before, after; price, etc). And I don't know what my expectations are either. I wanted to devote some time to thinking about that, but that's sometimes hard than it seems.
Hope everyone is doing well. More on John's birthday and knitting later with pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment