Sweeping floors, washing dishes, beating rugs, making a shopping list, taking out recycling and compost in preparation for making lots more. I'm sure everyone is used to these tasks except maybe the rugs. But here's something I bet you didn't do, and I can't believe I just did it either.
We don't have a toilet brush and it seems like one of those things you invest in if you will be in one place for maybe 6 months or more. But we are having so many people over and it was getting gross. I had tried just pouring in some vinegar and letting it sit over night, but really it needed scrubbed. So, what could I do, but put my whole hand it. I used our "dirty" sponge, the one we use for the floors, walls, and now... toilet. I can't believe how far in I reached. Way in there. Now it's done though! And it's beautiful!
We are going on a grocery trip this afternoon. I went on one yesterday, but hardly got anything for the meal. I also want to wait and see what people want to bring. One of the vegetarians offered to make something, someone else said they would come a half hour early and help, someone else is making pies, someone else hopefully is making cranberry/lingon berry sauce (because I'm not going to!). I have to look up a few more recipes. Again, I hate looking them up online, but I also don't want to send out HELP emails to all my wonderful aunts when they will probably be working on their own Thanksgiving meals.
I also wanted to make some decorations, but I'm not sure if I will. I thought maybe a grass wreath. It's alright. We have bigger fish to fry, like tables, seating, silverware, etc.
Well... better get on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment